Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 8: A photo that makes me sad

I could have chose a photo that showed world poverty, hunger, war, or after affects of natural disasters, but I have chose something a little closer to home with my heart. Only I could see Fireworks this way.
July 4, 2009
This photo does not make me sad but the day that it was take does. July 4, 2009 was just a few short days before I could pick up my Marine from Boot Camp. The smaller my count down got the slower time seemed to move. I was so happy to be spending the fourth with his and soon to be my family. They have always made sure that I was taken care of and my mind was not allowed to ponder on the sad moments of separation for very long. But at this moment in time his family was not around. I was sitting in the pool watching the fireworks and I could no longer contain the fear that he had changed, that he would not longer want to marry me, and that he would no want to see me. I also worried that he was also alone on this Independence Day. (I later learn he wasn't) Maybe not alone physically but mentally. The mind can play tricks on a person and I fear that his was, just as mine was doing to me.

Now every time I see Fire works I am taken to that moment in time on July 4, 2009 and the fear and sadness will return. Even on my wedding night. Well thats enough sadness for me. Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment