Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day 12 & 13 Tickling a fancy with a fictional Book

I can't believe that I have so many great days this week that I have not wanted to get on the computer. So yet again I am reworking titles. Brandi has been a life saver to me. She makes time go by so much faster. Yesterday we did our three mile walk. I am so excited to have a new couch.We use to have two horrible, broken futon couches but now thanks to the surprising skills of my husband I have a beautiful new couch. Pictures coming soon...

Now on to my Fictional book of choice. I have already said that I love Nicholas Sparks but another one of my favorite authors is Jodi Picoult. She is an amazing author who takes her readers through some very controversial topics. The most recent book that I have read of her's is Handle With Care.

Handle with Care is about a six-and-a-half-year-old girl who has Osteogenesis Imperfecta or better known as Brittle bone Syndrome. Willow O'Keefe's parents (Sean and Charlotte) love her and try to take care of her the best they know how. This book is not only about the breaking and rebuilding of bones, but also of family bonds. In this story, The O'keefe  family will be put through the ringer has they fight for one daughter and absentmindedly forget another, Amelia O'Keefe ( Willow's older sister). This story had me on the edge of my seat the whole time and I loved every minute of it. I am looking forward to continue reading her books. I still have so many to go

No comments:

Post a Comment