Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 5: My favorite Quote

"Its never the RIGHT time for the WRONG person, but its always the RIGHT time for the RIGHT person" ~Barry Orr
I do not know if anyone ever said this before my Father-in-Law (FIL) so I am going to give him the credit. The day that he wrote this out for me was the same day I finally can to terms with the fact that I was madly in love with Christopher (my now husband). The only problem was that Christopher was only a few weeks in to boot camp and I didn't want to mess with his concentration while he was at Parris Island by telling him I loved him and wanted to spend forever with him. My FIL decide to sit me down to one of his good Ol' Barry talks. Everyone in the family has gotten one and I had had a few prior do to my inability to decide what I wanted to do with my life.

At the time I did not want to believe him but it did not take much convincing once my SIL had heard about the conversation. I wrote Christopher a four page letter that night telling him about my feelings and the conversation I had had with his dad. I will not say that my FIL is the reason Christopher and I got back together but I will say that he sped up the process of reuniting us. And I will always be thankful for the thing his family continues to do for us while we are on this sometimes not so wonderful  journey called the United States Marines Corps.

No comments:

Post a Comment