Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 6 & 7: Tickling my Fancy with a photo that makes me happy

Day 6 was suppose to be a day that I write about anything that came to mind. Well yesterday was a great day and I never found the time to get on my computer so I figured I would combined the days hence the reworked title.

Yesterday my husband and I help our new neighbors move in to the apartment next door and that alone made my day. The Hill's are a newly wed couple just getting their feet wet in the world of the Marine Corps and I must say they are adjusting to married life pretty well. I personally love having a new friend that is close enough to spend time with everyday and maybe she will join me on my Walking Challenge.

Our first adventure took us to Costco, where all the cool people go. But that was short lived when remembering our wonderful little Red Navy Fed cards don't work there, so we went to lunch and reworked our plan of action. Chile's was great for lunch and it was easy to figure our that we could go to an ATM and get cash for Costco. Christopher and I even bought so stuff for our place. A cute little 3 tier Bamboo shelf (which I put together all by myself) and air fresheners, but I don't know how anyone can walk into Costco and not buy anything.

After helping them move a bed, lamps, microwave, bed frame, and a collection of smaller items into their apartment and getting them settled, Brandi and I made stuffed Peppers (I am stealing that recipe) which was a great ending to a wonderful day. Looking forward to the adventures our new neighbors will have with us. And I think we all make one happy couple.

Moving on to Day 7...
A Photo that makes me happy
Its not the best quality since it came from my phone but this is the photo that makes me the happiest right now. In the above picture is my 5 year old nephew Trent, 3 year old niece Ansley, and my brand new nephew William. This was taken while I was on my trip back to Georgia for the summer. Although I wasn't always happy being away from my hubby these three Rug Rats kept me busy and always made me feel better when I was down on myself. They have a fantastic mother and are growing up to be great people. I can't wait to go back and see all of them again over Christmas Holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment