Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 20 & 21 Hobbies and a recipe

Day 20
Why do I always have so much fun on the weekends? Doing two days in one again. My hobby is pretty simple and a joy for anyone who can hold a crayon. Who doesn't love to color. All my greatest memories. Here is a picture that i colored with my wonderful niece Ansley helped me color while I was home hanging out with the kids.  Can you guess who did which one?
Day 21
Once again I find my self combining days so this is the most recent recipe I tried by my self. I did mess it up a bit but it was an easy fix and my husband still ate it. The recipe comes from my Better Homes and Gardens Easy Everyday Cooking book.
Hawaiian Turkey Burgers
Nutrition information per serving: 331 cal., 9g total fat (2g sat. fat), 108 mg chol., 1,092 mg sodium, 37g carbo., 23g pro.
Ingredients
1 beaten egg
1/4 cup seasoned fine dry bread crumbs
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 pound uncooked ground turkey
1/4 cup bottle sweet and sour sauce
4 canned pineapple rings
Shredded spinach
4 hamburger buns

In a medium bowl combine egg, bread crumbs, ginger, salt, and pepper. Add ground turkey; mix well Form into four 3/4inch patties.

Place patties on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 14 to 18 minutes or until done, turning once and brushing sweet-and-sour sauce the last 5 minutes of grilling. Meanwhile, place pineapple slices on grill rack. grill for 5 minutes, turning occasionally.

To serve, place shredded spinach on the bottoms of buns. Top with hamburgers. Brush the burgers with sweet-and-sour sauce and top with pineapple slices.  Replace bun tops. Makes four servings.
This was mine. Pretty Good, right?
I also wanted to share that I successfully made three separate batches of muffins today; blueberry, banana, and strawberry/banana. I am so proud at how far I am coming with my cooking and baking abilities. Soon enough I will be kicking my husband completely out of the kitchen and I will be all on my own.
Strawberry/banana

2 comments:

  1. I'm very proud of you!! I told you it wasn't a big deal. So...where's the muffin recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still in the Cook Book. I will add it on another day. :P

    ReplyDelete