Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 22: A website

Well picking a website was an easy decision for me. My father, Glenn M., has been a hike for several years and has hiked portions of the Appalachian trail for a few summers now. Some of my greatest memories with my dad are when we would go out into the woods and follow the creek just so we could see where it would take us. He has always been one of a kind and creates his own path. I love my daddy very much and wish I was closer to him but alas the Marine Corps has me on the other side of the country. A few years ago my dad decided that he wanted to start dehydrating his own food, which in turn was the start of his Website, The Backpacking Chef.
That's my Dad taking a dip
This website has dehydrated recipes for anytime of day for Hikers interested in eating different and need to lighten his or her load. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack, and even Dessert, you name it my Dad has an idea for you. And if you have a good recipe you would like to share he has a place for that too. My dad also lends a few of his helpful menu planning tips with his fans.

Another great thing this website has is my Daddy's Trail Journal. It takes the readers though the days of his hikes and the experiences of being on the Appalachian Trail. This website was created by my dad's pure love for the outdoors and I believe anyone with an itch to get out should make a stop by my daddy's site and sign up for the free newsletter and check him out. I love him so much and wouldn't want him to change a thing. As my daddy would say Follow your hunger.
My Daddy and me at my wedding

2 comments:

  1. Awe shucks, I love you too sweetie. I'm going to sign up to follow your blog. Miss you! Love, Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love and miss you too daddy!!! Thanks for being so great.

    ReplyDelete