Tuesday, October 12, 2010

New horizons and an update

So I have been falling behind on my blog posts but what can I say... nothing really going on that would produce and fun or interesting blog post from me. But I have been busy and that I am excited about. I started my new job last week and I am absolutely thrilled. I am now a daytime Nanny (AKA babysitter). Nanny sound so much cooler than babysitter to me.

Lily is a wonderful 4 month old little girl who loves to pose for the camera and believes she is more independent than she actually is. As I sit her typing she sleeps with her favorite pink baby doll and dreams of something beautiful.

Let's see what else is going on in my slight if not always boring life. I have once again gained weight but this is the last time I will do it. I have set my mind to a goal and I hope I can keep it. 20 pounds before my husband and I go home for Christmas this year. Think I can do it? I do and believing in myself is one thing I didn't have last time. I am tracking my progress every step of the way and I am determined to get healthy. The last doctors appointment/blood work scared me to much not to. I have never had to be on medication and now I have to take something every morning and I don't like it. My doctor said that I could be come Diabetic which is something I do not want or need.

I want to be as healthy as possible so that when we start our family I am ready and know that I will be fit enough to keep up with a child. SO far I feel stronger and more motivated to get out there and fight my battle with weight. I am not ashamed that I gained the weight but I do want to get it off as quickly (at a healthy pace) as possible.

2 comments:

  1. I think you have a healthy attitude about the weight. I love you whatever you weigh, but I know you will be happier and better prepared for parenthood with the weight gone.

    You are great with children.

    Love,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dad I love you too.

    ReplyDelete