Friday, October 22, 2010

Test and Trial Friday

Okay I think it is time for me to try something new. Every Friday I am going to Post a New recipe that I tried during the week. I think it will help me to learn to cook better and not lean on the recipes I already know.... I think I will call it Test and Trial Friday. Wish me luck.

So this week I did try two new recipes but I am going to only share one. Last Sunday before grocery shopping my husband convinced me to try a slow cooker recipe, so we tried Pulled Jerk Pork Sandwiches. We loved it, best pulled pork I have ever made. The only down side was that I had to sit at the house all day smelling it. Lily and I spent a little time sitting on the porch to get away from the smell. I know the recipe was good because my neighbor Brandi ate faster than anyone at the table, which never happens. We had small salads, potato salad, and baked beans as sides.

Pulled Jerk Pork Sandwiches
2 1/2 lb pork boneless shoulder
1 tablespoon Jamaican jerk seasoning (dry) - we used a mixture of Smoked Applewood seasoning, seasoning salt,Garlic powder, cayenne pepper, onion powder
1/4 teaspoon Thyme leaves
1 medium onion ( Chopped)
1 cup cola ( We used 2)
2 cup Barbecue Sauce
sandwich buns

Prep Time: 5 min Cook Time: 10hr 45min Makes 8 servings

1. Rub dry seasoning over pork and sprinkle with Thyme. Place pork in cooker with onion and cola.

2. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours

3. Remove pork from cooker; place on cutting board. Remove juices from cooker and reserve. Use forks to pull pork into shreds. Return pork to cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce and 1/2 cup of reserved juices. Increase heat setting to High. Cover and cook 30 to 45 minutes or until heated through.

4. Spoon pork onto buns. In 2-quart saucepan, heat remaining juices to boiling; serve with sandwiches for dipping if desired.

Serving: CAL. 420 (From fat 125); FAT 14g (SAT. FAT 5g); CHOL. 65ml; SODIUM 900ml; CARBS 48g (FIBER 2g); PRO. 25g

No comments:

Post a Comment