Friday, October 29, 2010

Test and Trial Friday

This week I let my Husband pick the recipe I would try. Two weeks in a row I did a slow cooker recipe. A tip before I get started, If you have kids do not try to start this when they suddenly have the need to be clingy. Lily suddenly decided that she wanted to be held the entire time I prepped my ingredients. I throughly enjoyed our first ever CHOWDER!!!! next time I will make sure Lily will be down for a nap when I have to do prep work. I only got frustrated when I was finished and looked at my kitchen, talk about a scary scene. Thankfully I have an amazing husband who helped me clean it up since Lily had my hands full all afternoon.

Chicken, Potato, and Double-Corn Chowder
 1 bag (16oz) frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
     (I chopped my own potatoes about four medium)
1 can (15.25 oz) whole kernel corn, undrained
1 can (14.75 oz) cream-style corn
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
1 medium onion , chopped (1/2 cup)
3 cups Cooked Chicken Breast
8 slices of crispy bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon pepper

1.  In a 3 1/2- to 6- quart slower cooker, mix all ingredients except chicken.

2. Cover and cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours (or on High heat for 3 to 4 hours) to develop Flavors.

3.Stir in 3 ups of Chicken, cover and cook for an additional 15 to 20 minutes.

1 Serving: CAL: 315 (CAL. FROM FAT 70); FAT 8g (SAT. FAT 3g); CHOL 15mg; CARBS. 55g (FIBER 5G); PROTEIN 11g

No comments:

Post a Comment