Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The road we choose to travel

(I wrote this quickly so I would not be surprised if it has errors, but I had to get this out)

Today I am suddenly walking down memory land and thinking about where my life is now compared to a few years ago.

A few years ago I started my first year of College, every highschooler's dream But I let the freedom get to me. I cheated on a long time boyfriend with a guy who only saw me as an easy target and never wanted a relationship (though he promised me one). I didn't handle rejection well and was convinced I would one day win my ex back (HE is now my best friend so in the end I kind of did). During the duration of that year I was constantly drinking, blaming everyone else for my pain. Smoking was a big part of what I did too; if I had a bottle of alcohol in my hand I had a cigarette in the other. I also was dated around and had several rebound relationships (even though I said they weren't). I also had a roommate who made my life harder. We hated each other in the end because I decided to watch my own back and stop taking care of hers. After she threatened my life and we were done for good.
My life did not improve right out of that first year. I did transfer to a college closer to home. After I moved back in with my parents, I kept the same attitude from school. still hung around my ex hoping that he would rediscover that he loved me (never happened). I still drank with a cigarette in my hand. I lost the trust of my mother and my dad was clueless of everything I did. I still relied on my ’rebounds’ to comfort me. And I never went home.

I didn't know it then but God was at work in my life. I rekindled old friendships and found a church that I love dearly. I asked got into my heart on July 8, 2007 and was baptized a week later. Life was perfect as perfect can be.

I did hit another rough spot and it let to me drinking again and I tried dating after one guy broke my heart. But that's when Christopher came in to my life. We dated and hit rough spots. He left for boot camp and I fell in love. We got married and now we are the happiest.

Think what you want but I am happy everything happened because I believe some amazing things came out of it; I have made some amazing improvements in the past year and it is all thanks to God placing the right people in my Life, the people I know call my best friends. I gained a best friend who no one can ever take from me, I learned limits and where I didn’t want to be, and the best one of all I learned a little bit more about myself and I received the greatest gift ever, my husband. The love of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment