Thursday, October 14, 2010

Feeling Good to Motivate

Walk 3:14pm, October 14, 2010
Distance: 2.11 miles 
Time: 0:47:50 
Speed: 2.6 mph

** Posted from BiM Active



I have started to track my walks again and will be posting my performance afterwards (above). I hope this will help to keep me motivated. Any feed back would be great. I am not giving up this time not even my Plantar Fasciitis can keep me down. 


Today I feel the need to add a little more information about what Plantar Fasciitis is and how it affects my life.
Plantar fasciitis is irritation and swelling of the thick tissue (Plantar Fascia) that hold up the bones of the bottom of the foot. This Fascia can become inflamed and painful, making it more difficult to walk. The most common complaint is pain in the bottom of the heel. It is usually worst in the morning and may improve throughout the day. By the end of the day the pain may be replaced by a dull aching that improves with rest. Most people complain of increased heel pain after walking for a long period of time. This irritation caused me to completely stop walking for over a month. I could barely walk around my apartment, let alone down the street. But relieving the pain was a simple fix for me thankfully. I bought inserts for my less supportive shoes and Christopher surprised me by buying me a pair of reliable walking shoes. I always try to remember to to my leg stretches and take it slower if I start to feel any pain. This is not something that is not tolerable but I will have it for the rest of my life and if not properly taken care of could lead to surgery and limited mobility.
*** This information was provided by Google Health

No comments:

Post a Comment