Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Wet Knot Cannot Be Untied

Its hard to believe that I have been married almost a year, September 26th is really not that far away. But our last year has not been like the first year of a civilian couple. My life was turned upside down even before I said "I do." Planning a perfect, beautiful wedding in less than four months was not ideal for either of our families But thankful we were able to get it done. Another flaw was that my husband to be at the time was only around for a month of the planning.
The week of the wedding Georgia decide that it wanted to give us a years worth of rain. I have always been told that rain is good luck for a wedding but this was pushing it. My dream wedding was to be outside at sunset with all my friends and family there with us dancing the night away under the stars. The prep work for the wedding was crazy trying to get everything done in all that rain. We couldn't do it done it without the help of our wonderful families and friends. They all pulled together and made sure that I got whatever my heart desired for my special day. But the wedding went off with out a hitch, for the most part. The day of the wedding it rain and it rain. I was starting to worry that we might have to make different arrangements for the ceremony, Lucky the rain stopped right before we started the procession. The evening was perfect and I even got to enjoy some unexpected fireworks during our first kiss. I am so happy that I have the family and the husband that I do and I wouldn't survive without any of them.

I am not sure why I am thinking about all this now. Maybe it is because we are separated or something else. But for now this is all I have.

2 comments: