Monday, July 19, 2010

Water Colors

You once painted a beautiful picture of colors

I only dream of seeing in my lifetime.

You make it possible for me to enjoy the colors

Seeing my world in a whole new light.

Sometimes when I am sad I take out my painting

Allowing the colors to wash over me.

Its warmth covers me with a blanket of comfort.

I think my picture you paint is made of water colors.

Every time it starts to rain down on my picture the colors begin to wash away.

The beautiful blues, yellows, reds, violets, and greens all run together.

Making a horrible mess of black, gray, and brown.

Why do the colors of my painting fade?

Why is that you can always bring my colors back?

The beautiful picture that we share is always so bright for you.

Have you ever seen the colors fade?

Do you know what happens if it rains on the picture?

I love my picture you painted for me.

And I proudly to wear my colors every day.

But just sometimes I feel the pain of the painting, the beauty that can never truly be.

My painting is perfect and I love that you are the one that paints for me.

But how do I know that it will last forever?

How can I believe that you will always be here to help paint me more beautiful pictures?

I love our painting because you are the one to give me the imagery.

You are the one to holds me tight when my painting starts to fade.

You are the one to always repaint my picture when I lose my sight.

You are the one

Do you know that?

Did you know that you are the one that keeps me alive?

You are the one that, I hope and pray will never leave my side.

I love you for loving me

And I am proud to be in your beautiful picture with you.

Water colors may wash away.

But I have you to always repaint.

No comments:

Post a Comment