Thursday, November 11, 2010

A night of Celebrating and A Day of Remembrancer

What a night!!! Yesterday was the celebration of the United States Marine Corps 235th birthday, which means we were at the Birthday Ball celebrating with fellow Marines and wonderful friends.  I was kind enough to let my husband drink his weight in alcohol (who is still in bed at this moment). Here are some of the better parts of the evening...


















As I sit here sipping my coffee remembering the night, my thoughts also travel to the significances of today, Veteran's Day. Today is the day we set aside and celebrate the men and women, past and present, who have served for our country. Whether it is Army, Air Force, Navy, or Marine Corps, we need to celebrate the sacrifices they have made over the years; the wars they fought/fight, the families they have had to leave behind. I am thankful to have my Marine state side and by my side everyday and I know the day is coming when he will have to deploy. I am thankful for the love I am feeling today as people so there pride in their Country.

This video is of the Marines of POM singing the Marine Corps Hymn celebrating 235 years. Ooh Rah! (not the best video quality and nothing to really look at but I Love it and thought I would share)

No comments:

Post a Comment