Monday, March 14, 2011

The Weekend Edition


This past weekend Christopher and myself when for a little eleven mile walk, (Okay, Okay, Not so little) in Toro Park. This was a true test for myself to see if I finally have the inner strength to say I can. The pride I felt after getting to the half way point (the top) was incredible. My recovery time for long hikes/walks has improved and I have an easier time catching my breath. My next goal is running. I want to run so bad but I am still scared of the strength it takes to run... mental power is over half my battle. During our hike I did decide to take a stumble down some loose gravel, which put a damper on the hike down. But I am fine now, Sore but fine. Oh and I forgot to mention I did this all in Five Fingers. I love those shoes.




Any one in the Monterey area looking for a fun family outing this would be the place. Just 13 miles from our lovely little peninsula this park is a wonderful hideaway. There are many beautiful trails (over 20 miles) that can accommodate anyone's interests; trails for hikers, bikers, or horse riders. Made for the nature enthusiast. The 4,756 acres of pastures is to die for, these rolling hills are beautiful, scattered with a large collection of wildflowers and wildlife. There are also two ball fields, horseshoe pits, playgrounds, and picnic areas. There is a fee to get into the park but it is not much. $6 Monday-Friday and $8 on Saturday/Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment