Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Health update

This is nothing more that a update on my health problems that I have been facing for the past year.

I had blood work done in February and to come to find out  my TSH T3 count has spiked to 11.96 (the range for an average person should be between 1.0-2.0) when it was 3.09 in December. What made it even more odd was that my T4 Free count was normal at 0.85.

For those who don't know TSH is the thyroid-stimulating hormone that is tested when checking for thyroid gland problems. TSH is produced when the Hypothalamus releases a thyrotropin-releasing hormone (TRH) in which triggers the pituitary gland to release TSH. TSH causes the thyroid gland to produce two hormones: triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4); theses help control the body's metabolism. {more information about thyroid problems can be found on WebMD}

But on a light side of my health I am finally seeing results in my weight, at my doctors appointment in February I was 201, losing weight was slow but it did exist. Now I am 197 and going down. It is still slow but I am finally able to have pride in myself again. I still have a long road ahead of me but I am back on the right road.

No comments:

Post a Comment